- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
UAB to host School of Engineering open house
The UAB School of Engineering will hold its annual open house Sunday, March 2. The event, which will have a Harry Potter and Hunger Games theme, will feature students and faculty from the school’s five departments conducting interactive experiments and demonstrations.
Representatives from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering will show how specially designed materials can protect one from intense heat, and how typically strong materials can shatter in intense cold. Visitors will also learn to weld metals together without using a torch or electricity. The Department of Mechanical Engineering will showcase virtual immersion technology, a student-constructed robot and various propulsion devices.
The public is invited to attend all events from 1-3 p.m. in the Business and Engineering Complex, which is located at 1150 10th Ave. South. Private tours for central Alabama school groups will be held March 3 and March 4.