- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
UAB to host School of Engineering open house
The UAB School of Engineering will hold its annual open house Sunday, March 2. The event, which will have a Harry Potter and Hunger Games theme, will feature students and faculty from the school’s five departments conducting interactive experiments and demonstrations.
Representatives from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering will show how specially designed materials can protect one from intense heat, and how typically strong materials can shatter in intense cold. Visitors will also learn to weld metals together without using a torch or electricity. The Department of Mechanical Engineering will showcase virtual immersion technology, a student-constructed robot and various propulsion devices.
The public is invited to attend all events from 1-3 p.m. in the Business and Engineering Complex, which is located at 1150 10th Ave. South. Private tours for central Alabama school groups will be held March 3 and March 4.