- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB to host School of Engineering open house
The UAB School of Engineering will hold its annual open house Sunday, March 2. The event, which will have a Harry Potter and Hunger Games theme, will feature students and faculty from the school’s five departments conducting interactive experiments and demonstrations.
Representatives from the Department of Materials Science and Engineering will show how specially designed materials can protect one from intense heat, and how typically strong materials can shatter in intense cold. Visitors will also learn to weld metals together without using a torch or electricity. The Department of Mechanical Engineering will showcase virtual immersion technology, a student-constructed robot and various propulsion devices.
The public is invited to attend all events from 1-3 p.m. in the Business and Engineering Complex, which is located at 1150 10th Ave. South. Private tours for central Alabama school groups will be held March 3 and March 4.