- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
News Blurb: Be An Everyday Hero: Donate Blood
Did You Know?
- Every 2 seconds, someone in the U.S. Needs Blood
- More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day
- 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives
- Adults have 10-12 pints of blood in their body- 1 pint is given during a donation
- Donating blood is a safe process. A sterile needle is used only once for each donor and then discarded.
- Blood donation is a simple four-step process: registration, medical history and mini-physical, donation and refreshments.
- The actual blood donation typically takes less than 10-12 minutes. The entire process, from the time you arrive to the time you leave, takes about an hour and 15 minutes.
Why should you give?
Kayla is 18 years old and has Stage IV Neuroblastoma.
She is undergoing chemotherapy treatment.
Kayla lives with her family in Hoover, Al.
Donated blood could give the gift of life for a student like Kayla.
In honor of Red Cross Month, The American Red Cross Society is hosting a blood drive at Blazer Hall on March 18 and 19 at 10:00 am-3:00 pm (both days). Donate blood or plateglets and be an Everyday Hero.
Appointments are requested but not required.
To make an appointment, go to www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code – ibleedgreen.
Please bring Photo ID or American Red Cross Donor Card.