- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Reception scheduled for UAB School of Medicine art show
The winners of the 2014 University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine art show will be announced at a reception beginning at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, at the Edge of Chaos, fourth floor of the Lister Hill Library, 1700 University Blvd. The show will be on display through May 15.
The reception will feature a silent auction that will benefit VSA Alabama, the state organization on arts and disability. Toby H. Richards, artist-in-residence at the Birmingham Museum of Art, will present “From a Judge’s Perspective.”
The show consists of artwork from students, residents and faculty of the School of Medicine. The works are judged by a panel of UAB faculty, staff and students. The top three winners receive cash prizes, and all entries are on display. This marks the 14th year of the art show.
The show is hosted by the Alabama Alpha Chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha and the Alabama Museum of the Health Sciences.