- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
School of Nursing to host Young Breast Cancer Survivors Workshop
The University of Alabama at Birmingham’s School of Nursing will host its second annual Young Breast Cancer Survivors Network Workshop from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 5. The event will be held at the School of Nursing, 1701 University Blvd.
The workshop is designed to help improve the quality of life for young breast cancer survivors and their loved ones through education, personal support and networking.
Sessions for women will include an “ask the experts” panel, a healthy cooking demonstration and a survivors panel.
Men who attend will learn how to support their loved one, and children ages 3-10 will learn about nutrition and engage in art activities, among other events.
Registration must be completed by April 2, and space is limited. Visit www.youngsurvivorsbhm.org to register, or call 205-975-8656 or email YBCSN@uab.edu for more information. Read more about how young breast cancer survivors in the network find support and strength.
Free parking will be available in the garage under the School of Nursing, 18th Street South. The driveway is located between Eighth and Ninth avenues south. Take the elevator to the first floor. Additional parking is available in Lot 15 or on the street.