- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
The UAB Women’s Basketball hosted Rice University Wednesday at 7pm at Bartow Arena.
In the first half , the Blazers struggled to catch up with Rice; however, during the second half they made an effort to catch up. In the end, the Blazers were defeated.
The final score was UAB 51, Rice 61.
On a lighter note, Karisma Chapman (24) and Ashley Grimes (30) were honored for senior night. Both players have been outstanding Blazers throughout the seasons, making them be considered as some of the Blazer’s Greatest.
The Blazers will host their final home game Friday March 7 @ 2pm at Bartow Arena.
Photos by Amber Gomez