- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB choirs to perform benefit concert March 11 for trip to Latvia
The University of Alabama at Birmingham choirs will perform in a concert fundraiser at 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 11, at Southside Baptist Church, 11th Avenue South at 19th Street.
The choir is conducted by Brian Kittredge, DMA. This benefit concert, presented by the UAB Department of Music, will help the UAB Concert Choir as it prepares to represent the United States in the Interkultur Eighth World Choir Games in Riga, Latvia, July 5-19. The concert will feature music from a variety of styles and time periods, including works by Mendelssohn, Gretchaninoff, Mawby, Hogan and many more.
Tickets are $8; $5 for all students. Call 205-975-2599 for ticket information. Visit the UAB Department of Music online at www.uab.edu/cas/music.