- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Acclaimed French author and professor to speak at UAB
The Department of Foreign Languages & Literatures and Alliance Française of Birmingham will present a lecture in English by Fredéric Gros, professor of political philosophy at the Université de Paris-Est Créteil and at the Institut d’Etudes Politiques (Sciences Po Paris), at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 26.
Gros will discuss “A philosophy of walking: The spiritual secret of walking and how it manifests on paper.” He is the author of “A Philosophy of Walking,” and was the editor of the last lectures of French philosopher and historian Michel Foucault at the College de France. Gros also has written books on psychiatry, law and war.
The event, free and open to the public, will be held in Hulsey Recital Hall, located at 900 13th St. South. More information about the event is online.