- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Hear several world-renowned leaders at the University of Alabama at Birmingham
Community members will have the opportunity to access the knowledge and experience of some world leaders by attending Leadercast® at the University of Alabama at Birmingham on Friday, May 9.
Leadercast, created to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership, is broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga., to hundreds of sites around the world. This year’s theme, “Beyond You,” challenges leaders to focus outward rather than inward.
The speaker lineup includes:
- Laura Bush, first lady of the United States (2001-2009) via exclusive video interview
- Henry Cloud, Ph.D., clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
- Malcolm Gladwell, journalist and best-selling author of “The Tipping Point” and “Outliers”
- Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP
- Laura Schroff, former advertising sales executive and best-selling author of “An Invisible Thread”
- Simon Sinek, leadership expert and best-selling author of “Start with Why”
- Andy Stanley, leadership author and communicator
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel laureate and human-rights activist live from Cape Town, South Africa
- Randall Wallace, screenwriter, director, producer and songwriter for “Braveheart,” “Secretariat” and others
Last year, more than 100,000 leaders from 14 countries attended Leadercast. Now, in its 15th year, this full-day, experiential conference is on track to reach its largest audience to date.
“It is one of the single-most consolidated sources of leadership education I’m aware of that is available to the public,” said 2013 attendee Dale Callahan, director of UAB’s Information Engineering Management master’s degree program. “I think this conference, although very focused on leadership in the professional setting, really shows you how to lead in all aspects of life.”
UAB’s live broadcast of Leadercast will be held at the Business Engineering Complex, 1150 10th Ave. South, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For local ticketing information, call 205-934-8480 or visit the website.