- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Public invited to offer comment during campus police accreditation
The UAB Police Department is undergoing its periodic review by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, and assessors will be on campus April 8-11.
As part of the assessment, employees and members of the community may offer comments during the public information session 4:30-5:30 p.m. April 10 in UAB Police Headquarters Building Training Room 204, 1117 14th St. South. Individuals also may offer comments by phone 1-2:30 p.m. April 9; call 205-975-6209.
UAB was first accredited by CALEA in 1995 and is one of only 47 university police departments to hold that designation. The accreditation process is designed for agencies to meet professional standards in policy and procedures, administration, operations and support services.