- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Register now for UAB National Alumni Society Scholarship Run on May 9
Register now to run the University of Alabama at Birmingham National Alumni Society Scholarship Run 5K/10K, and help support scholarships for UAB students.
The race is scheduled for Friday, May 9, and will begin and end at the UAB National Alumni Society House, 1301 10th Ave. South. Registration is $30; $35 on the day of the race. All proceeds will benefit UAB student scholarships. Event-day registration will open at 4 p.m., and the race will begin at 6 p.m.
This Friday night race is a family-friendly event with a fun post-race party at 6:30. The post-race party is free for participants and $10 for additional guests, with dinner included. The awards ceremony will take place at 8 p.m. or as soon as the race is completed. Awards will be given for First Place Overall Male and Female in both the 5K and 10K, and the Top Male and Female by age categories in both the 5K and 10K.
The UAB NAS is a nonprofit organization that provides an outlet for graduates to network and give back to their alma mater. As UAB continues to receive national accolades, so do UAB graduates. This year, the NAS will award more than $750,000 in scholarships, gifts and grants to the university. Providing much-needed scholarship assistance to UAB students is a valuable way for the NAS to significantly affect the lives of future graduates. Community support will allow the NAS to provide even more opportunities for students, faculty, staff and alumni.