- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Rue included among Becker’s top 100 “CMOs to Know”
Loring Rue, M.D., UAB Hospital’s chief patient safety and clinical effectiveness officer, is included on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Hospital and Health System CMOs to Know.”
Rue is the chief of the section of Trauma, Burns and Surgical Critical Care in the Department of Surgery.
Individuals are chosen based on their experience in overseeing medical and quality affairs and a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement in safety and quality.
The CMOs, CMIOs, physicians-in-chief and their equivalents have contributed to excellence at their respective institutions, according to an award announcement on Becker’s website.