- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Tee up for the UAB School of Optometry
The School of Optometry will host its 10th annual Dean’s Community Advisory Committee (DCAC) golf tournament to benefit scholarships, research or renovations for the school 11 a.m. Monday, April 21 at the Inverness Country Club, 1 Country Club Drive.
This tournament has raised enough money to endow a $100,000 research fund and three $25,000 scholarships. The money raised will be used for the school’s greatest needs.
Cost to participate for teams is $500, individuals are $125; registration begins at 11 a.m. Lunch will be provided 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. There also will be a putting contest at 12:30 p.m. and shotgun tee time is 1 p.m. Mulligans will be used.
For more information, contact Peggy Striplin, 934- 9838, or Virginia Rogers, 975-9931.