- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB Hospital named among greatest in America
UAB Hospital has been named by Becker’s Hospital Review among the 2014 “100 Great Hospitals in America,” a compilation of some of the most prominent, forward-thinking and focused health care facilities in the nation.
Hospitals included on the list are home to many medical and scientific breakthroughs, provide best-in-class patient care, and are stalwarts of their communities, serving as academic hubs or local mainstays.
“Patients come to UAB Hospital from our local communities, throughout Alabama, across the country and around the world,” said UAB Medicine COO Reid Jones. “We are pleased that the Becker’s Hospital Review has included us in this prestigious group. Our physicians and staff strive to provide the highest-quality care to the patients we serve. Guided by our strategic plan, we are working to be among the most preferred academic medical centers in the country.”
Consistently listed among the top medical centers in the country and the only Birmingham hospital included in the list, UAB Hospital is the largest hospital in Alabama and third-largest public hospital in the nation. Its landscape includes the Kirklin Clinic of UAB Hospital, a “superclinic” for outpatient care, and it sits among major research centers and serves as a model in design innovation for hospitals of the future. A Magnet-designated Center of Excellence, UAB Hospital is also ranked annually as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
Becker’s Hospital Review’s editorial team conducted research, considered nominations and evaluated reputable hospital ranking sources, such as U.S. News & World Report, Truven Health Analytics’ 100 Top Hospitals, Healthgrades, Magnet designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, The Leapfrog Group, and several other resources.