- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
UAB ‘Knowledge that will change your world’ license plate available
The University of Alabama at Birmingham National Alumni Society is promoting a newly designed license plate, featuring its “UAB: Knowledge that will change your world” tagline that unified the institution’s academic and medical brands in April 2013.
State regulations require universities to periodically redesign tags in a significant way, such that they do not resemble former designs. The necessity to create a license plate that did not feature Blaze the dragon in 2013 happened to coincide with the launch of the university’s branding campaign.
“We received such great feedback since the launch of the ‘Knowledge that will change your world’ campaign, with students, alumni, faculty and staff, patients, and others sharing personal stories about what UAB knowledge means to them,” said UAB Vice President Shirley Salloway Kahn. “While the tagline seems to mean something different to everyone, it has been a tremendously unifying force both on and off campus.”
By getting a “Knowledge that will change your world” tag, alumni and fans can celebrate what UAB means to them and contribute to student scholarships. Proceeds from the sale of UAB license plates support License to Learn Scholarships given each year by the UAB National Alumni Society.
“This is a great way for UAB to show pride, and it expands our reach to help more students realize the tremendous advantage of a UAB education,” said UAB National Alumni Society President Trey Cummings.
Each year, an average of more than 40 $3,000 scholarships are awarded through the program.
“I hope the UAB family will enjoy directly supporting a vital pillar of our mission — education — while sharing the ‘Knowledge that will change your world’ message, which speaks to all five pillars,” UAB President Ray L. Watts said. “Those include the education of our students, who are exposed to multidisciplinary learning and a new world of diversity; our research, the creation of new knowledge; our patient care, the outcome of ‘bench-to-bedside’ translational knowledge; our service to the community at home and around the globe, from free clinics in local neighborhoods to the transformational experience of the arts; and the economic development of our city and state.”
To learn how to order a UAB license plate, visit the National Alumni Society website.
Read more about the “Knowledge that will change your world” campaign online.