Marsch announces new Director of Student Media

By on May 24, 2014
Kaleidoscope, Aura Magazine, BlazeRadio.org, uabKscope.com, Blazing Fast News
UAB News Specialist Marie Sutton has been hired as the new Director of Student Media effective June 9, 2014.
Sutton will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Office of Student Media, which includes Kaleidoscope, Aura, BlazeRadio, multimedia (UABTV), web UABkscope.com and other platforms.
Marie will be responsible for the business operations of the unit, will plan and supervise outreach of departmental services, and will act as liaison between Student Media and the Birmingham business community.
“Marie comes to us with a wealth of experience,” Assistant Vice President for Student Life Andy Marsch said.
She previously worked as a freelance writer for local and national publications. She contributed award-winning radio commentaries to WBHM.
“She most recently has served as Media Specialist II at UAB, writing feature stories about UAB faculty and staff, student achievements, events, etc., and pitched story ideas to local, state and national media,” Marsch said.
Marie edited and designed the St. Vincent’s Birmingham Foundation quarterly newsletter, wrote speeches for area businessmen and CEO’s, and facilitated public relations for the largest arts organization in the state of Alabama.
She has written and published many publications and wrote a special edition book for the launching of the health system at St. Vincent’s Hospital.
In previous years, Marie received many awards for editorial, commentary public radio news, and received the Alabama Associated Press Broadcasters Association Award.