- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
On The Money: Personal economics for the college student
(MCT) We all know the rising cost of a college education. But many students face an additional financial challenge once classes begin — budgeting for living and personal expenses. Several Web sites offer advice and tool that can assists students with managing expenses while attending school. Here are just a few:
Offers several tips on reducing college costs.
Provides online calculator to analyze college spending and budgeting.
Features extensive money saving tips for students in several various categories.
Spotlights 31 general tips to save money while in college.
Provides insights on managing credit, student loans and choosing a bank.