- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
In the cooking world there are these little things called “Cheating foods”. Cheating foods are items that you can make in an instant without putting much effort into it. We also consider cheating foods as one of the best inventions for people with hectic schedules. The best thing about cheating foods is they can easily be disguised as meals that take a long time to make. This makes it easier to show off to all those people you don’t know at baby showers, bridal showers, family picnics, etc.
It’s easy to categorize pasta salad in the food pyramid under “Cheating Foods” because it has all of the qualities that the category requires: easy to make, delicious, has the appearance of a time consuming task. Most of you may roll yours eyes at this article thinking, “Pasta salad is so boring!” But that’s just not true, reader! Pasta salad is so NOT boring! Pasta salad is delicious and (in some cases) addicting! It all depends on how creative you want to be. A lot of people think that pasta salad is limited to vegetables and pasta, but they are oh so wrong. This recipe I’m about to give you is incredibly easy, delicious, and makes you look like a culinary genius.
I’m also very pleased to say that it is my own recipe.
What You’ll Need
- 1 package of Buitoni spinach tortellini
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts
- Olive oil
- Your favorite Caesar dressing
- Feta cheese
First, cook the tortellini according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, boil your cubed chicken breasts in salted water (FYI, you can make an amazing chicken soup this way.). After everything is cooked, drain the chicken and the pasta and place in a bowl with the peppers, feta, and artichoke hearts.
Next, combine the olive oil, vinegar, and Caesar dressing in a small bowl and toss into the chicken/pasta mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste and you have a delicious pasta salad that everyone will enjoy.
This salad is also low in calories and is an easy way to inspire yourself and others that eating healthy is so fun and delicious. Happy Eating!