- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
Dear Lady Oh
Readers, do you have a sex or relationship problem? Unsure about how to lose that v-card, or if you want to at all? Are you puzzled by unfamiliar anatomy? Want to know what birth control options are out there? Worried about not being “good” in bed? Anonomously submit your problems to Lady Oh and you might be featured in her weekly column: Dear Lady Oh.
My girlfriend and I both have very busy schedules and it’s hard to find the time to “be” with each other when we’re so tired. How can we get the spark back?
This is something that many couples face, so know that you and your lady are certainly not alone. That being said, it is so important to make time for each other, even if you’re not actually “being” together.
One way to make sure you have a little quality time together is to go to bed at the same time. You can talk a little before drifting off to sleep, even if the energy isn’t there for sex.
Another option would be giving each other massages after a long day. This simple activity starts out as non-sexual, but it can certainly lead to some fun. I reccomend my favorite organic coconut oil for this- the aroma is so relaxing and your skin will be so soft afterwards.
On the other hand, one way to reignite the spark would be to buy your lady some lingerie for no special reason. Not only will she appreciate the effort you made to pick her something out despite your busy schedule, but also seeing her wear something you bought for her will definitely send sparks flying.
Make sure you tell her how beautiful and sexy she is, and all tiredness will fade in the heat of the moment. Plus, there’s nothing better than a post-coitus nap.
Dear Lady Oh,
I’m really shy, so I never know how to flirt with people at bars. Help!
Dear Shy but Flirty,
It’s simple really. Order a drink if you wish for liquid courage and set your sights on someone interesting who isn’t currently in a deep coversation or obviously on a date.
Walk over and introduce yourself. Be sure to ask question, and not just “what’s your major” or other run-of-the-mill small talk questions. Ask them what their favorite drink is, compliment their shoes or hair- strike up a conversation and get to know them.
If after ten minutes y’all haven’t hit it off, excuse yourself and make another aquaintance. You’re only as shy as you let yourself be, so push yourself and you’ll be suprised at how easily flirting comes.