Organic Orgasms: Sex the Natural Way

By on August 11, 2014

The beauty benefits of unrefined organic virgin coconut oil are heavily touted in the blogosphere, but one mind-blowing use for the natural moisturizer is often overlooked:

Organic coconut oil is, hands down, the best lube in existence.

Not only does it not have the glucose that many commercial lubricants do (uhm, hello yeast infections?), but it also doesn’t have any chemicals or additives whatsoever. In fact, coconut oil is an antifungal, so it can actually help prevent infections.

It is, simply put, nature’s perfect gift to your sex life.

Coconut oil is a bit daunting when you first buy it. It comes in a solid form, typically in a glass jar, but quickly melts to a soothing liquid from body heat – simply scoop out a teaspoon, rub it in your hands and you are good to go – you can literally put it anywhere.

Plus, it is edible (you can cook with it- it’s a healthy alternative to butter with a higher smoke point) and moisturizing and lubricating without any stickiness like a typical manufactured lubricant.

The feeling of coconut oil sex is like nothing you’ve ever experienced with manufactured lubes. It allows for a much closer, amazing sexual experience. The sensation…well you don’t have to take my word for it!

I recommend Spectrum Unrefined Cold Pressed Organic Coconut Oil for all uses. You can buy it at any grocery or specialty health food store – I got mine on sale at Earthfare.

Spectrum Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

Spectrum Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

Important: As it is oil based, it can break down traditional latex condoms, but not to worry: polyurethane condoms are unaffected by oils (and eliminate the possibility of a reaction to latex, a fairly common allergy).

Also, for hygienic purposes you may want to buy a separate jar for the bedside table if you’re going to explore with it in the kitchen as well.

It’s worth the extra cash for the organic unrefined, cold-pressed kind as the benefits are greater (no gross chemicals!), and the scent and flavor is actually a wonderful light coconut. Processed coconut oils do not typically retain the flavor and texture that the raw, cold pressed coconut oil does.

As an additional precaution, you may want to try a bit on a small patch of skin before slathering it on in the bedroom to ensure neither partner has a coconut allergy.

Introduce this natural lube into your bedroom, and you’ll be having “organic orgasms” in no time.