- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
- Celebrate Asian & Pacific Islander Heritage Month
A message from the editor
Hello New and Potential members of Student Media!
I am so glad you are interested in working with us. Kaleidoscope offers a unique mixture of jobs so that no major or student will be left out. We have a science section within our paper for science majors and researchers, a design team for art or journalism majors, and a sports section for those of us who aren’t really interested in school things. Basically, we want to take your passion and expand your experience at UAB by involving you with different events around campus.
Once you submit your attached application, you will receive an email from us to begin your own online column. However, you will not be able to access the site until you have met with me and completed training requirements. Training days are most Saturdays and all Sundays every month 3-5 p.m. They include information on how to submit an article on our website, appropriately writing for your section, how to interview for a story, and follow-up materials.
Our best way of communication is through your UAB email, so please check it at least once every 48 hours. The following page detail the positions an entry-level contributor can participate in. All personnel must begin as writers for at least a month before being promoted to any staff position.
I look forward to working with you in the weeks to come!