- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- First African-American faculty member speaks at UAB
- UAB Relay for Life All-Night Event on the Green Starts Friday
- The Nile Project to be in residence at UAB’s Alys Stephens Center in 2015
- Libertarian Gary Johnson joins Tuesday panel for Earth Month
- Jalapeno Popper Pull Apart Bread
- Women’s Softball vs Tulsa a rain victim
- UAB, UAH student groups to host sustainability debate
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- UAB Celebrates Earth Month
- Cellular Stress May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease
- Blazers Defeat Gamecocks
- Study War No More
- 2014-2015 UAB USGA General Election Results
About the Kaleidoscope
Traditional and digital Student Media — the Kaleidoscope weekly newspaper, StudentMedia.uab.edu internet news hub, Aura Literary Arts magazine, and BlazeRadio.org streaming radio – are student-managed media platforms that deliver daily content to the campus community, including news and information, arts and entertainment diversions, and a forum for commentary and exchange of viewpoints about all aspects of campus life.
Every Tuesday since 1967 the Kaleidoscope has served the UAB community with news, sports, and insight into what drives the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Our newspaper reaches over 32,000 students, faculty, and staff, as well as the members of the neighboring community and is published both in print and online.
StudentMedia.uab.edu, the internet news hub for UAB, has been serving up news and views since 1997, the early days of the internet. Today, thousands visit the site each week for a comprehensive news source that includes blogs, video reports, links to other UAB information, Twitter and Facebook feeds, commentary and interactive features. The site was named “Best in the South” for 2013, competing some of the biggest colleges and universities in the region.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is located in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. Not only is UAB a world-renowned institution that attracts students from all over the world, but it is also the largest employer in the state of Alabama.
The Kaleidoscope is published by the UAB Office of Student Media, which at the Center for Student Media, 1110 12th Street South (across from University Highland Hospital Emergency Room).
Along with the newspaper, the students publish news and inform publishes the Aura Literary Arts Review magazine and broadcasts a wide mix of music on BlazeRadio. Positions are always available at Student Media, so if you’d like to have your voice be heard please stop by Intergalactic Headquarters for UAB Student Media and pick up an application.