- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
About the Kaleidoscope
Every Tuesday since 1967 the Kaleidoscope has served the UAB community with news, sports, and insight into what drives the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Our newspaper reaches over 32,000 students, faculty, and staff, as well as the members of the neighboring community and is published both in print and online.
Our new website, www.uabkscope.com, was launched in 2008 and has quickly become a favorite source for news and sports coverage on campus. We’ve recently added video from the Associated Press and are always improving the site for our readers.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is located in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. Not only is UAB a world-renowned institution that attracts students from all over the world, but it is also the largest employer in the state of Alabama.
The Kaleidoscope is published by the UAB Office of Student Media, which is located inside the Hill University Center – the student hub on campus. Along with the newspaper, the office publishes the Aura Literary Arts Review magazine and broadcasts a wide mix of music on BlazeRadio. Positions are always available at Student Media, so if you’d like to have your voice be heard please stop by HUC 135 and pick up an application.