- ASC presents Take 6, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” Dec. 15
- Leeth named UAB School of Medicine assistant dean for strategic planning
- Coping with holiday grief
- New water plan saves big money
- Campus police offer holiday safety tips
- Alys Stephen Center Screens Walking the Camino: Six Ways to Santiago
- Hospital feeds underprivileged new moms
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Center presents Yo-Yo Ma Dec. 6
- Southern Miss tops Blazers, 62-27, in season ending game
- Henry Panion selected for 2014 Alabama African-American History Calendar
- Enjoy Christmas at the Alys Dec. 2, “The Season’s First Jingle”
- Engineering’s Ning wins ASTM International award
- Collat School of Business unveils sign at celebration
- Heudebert elected master by American College of Physicians
- Anti-aging strategies can improve more than looks
About the Kaleidoscope
Every Tuesday since 1967 the Kaleidoscope has served the UAB community with news, sports, and insight into what drives the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Our newspaper reaches over 32,000 students, faculty, and staff, as well as the members of the neighboring community and is published both in print and online.
Our new website, www.uabkscope.com, was launched in 2008 and has quickly become a favorite source for news and sports coverage on campus. We’ve recently added video from the Associated Press and are always improving the site for our readers.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is located in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. Not only is UAB a world-renowned institution that attracts students from all over the world, but it is also the largest employer in the state of Alabama.
The Kaleidoscope is published by the UAB Office of Student Media, which is located inside the Hill University Center – the student hub on campus. Along with the newspaper, the office publishes the Aura Literary Arts Review magazine and broadcasts a wide mix of music on BlazeRadio. Positions are always available at Student Media, so if you’d like to have your voice be heard please stop by HUC 135 and pick up an application.