- Students use alternative art materials for one-night-only exhibition June 18
- Digital Media wins national prize for TEDxBirmingham video
- Trip to New York brings national attention to Birmingham renaissance
- Clothes that work for new grads hitting the market
- Hagel emphasizes leadership to Naval Academy graduates
- Birmingham Chosen To Host 2015 C-USA Basketball Championships
- On The Money: How new graduates can take on the job market
- Canvas unrolled for new school year
- Tornadoes Leave Trail of Devastation (Photos)
- Campus closes early Tuesday due to severe thunderstorm
- Alabama does a double take: ‘Urinetown: the Musical’ hits home twice
- A+ Performance by Legend
- UAB Women’s Softball defeat Charlotte 49ers (8-0)
- A Fun and Fluffy Study Break In Lister Hill
- UAB Earth Month Festival
About the Kaleidoscope
Traditional and digital Student Media — the Kaleidoscope weekly newspaper, StudentMedia.uab.edu internet news hub, Aura Literary Arts magazine, and BlazeRadio.org streaming radio – are student-managed media platforms that deliver daily content to the campus community, including news and information, arts and entertainment diversions, and a forum for commentary and exchange of viewpoints about all aspects of campus life.
Every Tuesday since 1967 the Kaleidoscope has served the UAB community with news, sports, and insight into what drives the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Our newspaper reaches over 32,000 students, faculty, and staff, as well as the members of the neighboring community and is published both in print and online.
StudentMedia.uab.edu, the internet news hub for UAB, has been serving up news and views since 1997, the early days of the internet. Today, thousands visit the site each week for a comprehensive news source that includes blogs, video reports, links to other UAB information, Twitter and Facebook feeds, commentary and interactive features. The site was named “Best in the South” for 2013, competing some of the biggest colleges and universities in the region.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham is located in downtown Birmingham, Alabama. Not only is UAB a world-renowned institution that attracts students from all over the world, but it is also the largest employer in the state of Alabama.
The Kaleidoscope is published by the UAB Office of Student Media, which at the Center for Student Media, 1110 12th Street South (across from University Highland Hospital Emergency Room).
Along with the newspaper, the students publish news and inform publishes the Aura Literary Arts Review magazine and broadcasts a wide mix of music on BlazeRadio. Positions are always available at Student Media, so if you’d like to have your voice be heard please stop by Intergalactic Headquarters for UAB Student Media and pick up an application.