- UAB Girl’s Basketball Team Falls To Charlotte (Photos)
- UAB and Sexual Consent
- Blazers battle, fall to MTSU (Photos)
- UAB Blazers fall short to Rice Owls (Photos)
- A Tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
Positions Available in Student Media
The Kaleidoscope welcomes interested students interested in learning more about media and participating in media activities.The entry-level is as a contributor. After demonstrating consistency by covering four or more assignments over the course of a month or more, contributors may be promoted as regular staff members on recommendation of the Team Leader and approval by the editor. Staff members who excel may be considered for promotion to Senior Staff Specialist.
- Contributor – All potential staff associates must undergo training and serve as unpaid “contributors” as an entry into the Kaleidoscope team. Contributors are provided with Blog Credentials and may begin submitting content with self-generated or assigned coverage immediately. After contributors have completed required training from their team leader, and have demonstrated reliability in their position and dependability in working with their team leader, their supervising team leader may recommend them for “Staff Member” status.
- Staff Member — Staff members are required to regularly produce at least one assigned story or other routine coverage assignment each week during the school term. In addition, staff members are encouraged to submit regular blog postings or similar coverage on self-assigned topics or issues they find of interest. Staff members are eligible for payment in the form of a small stipend for their work, subject to approval by the executive editor.
- Senior Staff Specialist — Senior Staff Specialists are required to regularly produce at least two or more assigned stories or other coverage assignments. In addition, senior staffers are required to provide regular blog posting on areas they find of interest. Senior staffers are trusted staff members who have demonstrated the ability to provide coverage of complex stories using multiple sources, using appropriate writing and reporting styles, placing coverage in appropriate historical contest, and related advanced reporting skills. Senior Staff Specialists are eligible for payment and are usually considered for team leader status when vacancies occur.
- Team Leaders and Management — Contact the Executive Editor for more information.
Special assignments may be given out by the Editor in Chief, Carlene Robinson, as needed.