- Kaleidoscope wins honors; website named ‘Best In South’
- 2014 Oscar Recap
- Student Government elections are nearing…
- Women’s Softball drops 5-0 game to ‘Bama (Photos)
- Foot Soldier of the Children’s March
- UAB Women’s Basketball beats Tulane 81-79 (Photos)
- Three Days to Kill
- Blood Drives fill calendars at UAB hospitals in February
- UAB Womens Basketball Grab a big win against Louisiana Tech, 71-62
- #UABProbs — How to make green grass
- Regionals Science Olympiad (Photos)
- The Monuments Men
- UAB Builds New Residential Hall
- Classes, operations delayed Thursday until 11 a.m.
- Bedsider UAB Promotes Safe Sex
Writer’s Block 2013 Edition
The Ada Long Summer Writing Workshop is a tradition at UAB that brings together high school students from throughout region for accelerated study and intensive exploration of writing and related creative arts.
The Writer’s Block is the result of their work.
Click on the image (right) to download a copy of this year’s publication. The workshop is coordinated by UAB’s Department of English with technical support from Student Media @ UAB.
Please follow the class blog online at http://www.alwb2013.blogspot.com/
The staff for 2013 is as follows:
- Bethany Griffice
- Allie King
- Patriciamarie MgBodile
- Ra’Quann Randle-Bustamonte
- Laila-Rose Ruzic
- Esmé Shields
- Shelly Cato
- Halley Cotton
Student Media Advisors
- Amy Kilpatrick
- Bill Neville
The Writers’ Block
Ada Long Creative Writing Workshop
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Hill University Center Room 135
1530 3rd Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35294-1150
Special thanks to the UAB Student Media office for assisting with the publication of this issue and to Peggy Allen at American Printing, Co. for their support with the printing.